Sunday, July 20, 2008

well...they say life comes at you fast. today, i'm feeling that they knew what they were talking about

my brother has been looking at HUD homes to buy. for those of you out there who don't know what a HUD home is, it's basically a house that is really cheap because either a) it's in really crappy condition, b) the house was foreclosed on the previous owners, or c) i don't really know a c, but i figured that i should have three reasons.

i don't really want to live in a fixer-upper, but if the price is right, i don't really know how to beat it. we had always said that we wanted something rather small, with a rather small yard, 2-3 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms and a basement.

well, yesterday, we came upon this beauty. (you should be proud of me for figuring out how to do that) feel free to take the virtual tour. it only has minor damage, hardwood floors, and a basement to finish...basically, it's exactly what scott and i are looking for. did i mention that it is only a mile away from my school? oh, and friz, i thought of you because the whole neighborhood is gone with the wind themed. all of the roads are like 12 oaks lane, rhett drive, scarlett boulevard, and this one is on ashley way. :) ANYWAY, i can almost guarantee you that this will not be my future house (although, i wouldn't mind.) it all is just happening too fast. but, all things included, we are talking to a financial consultant tomorrow as well as meeting a realtor.

i hate getting my hopes up. cuz i can guarantee this isn't going to go through. i think we are going to put in an $86,000 bid. so, i guess we will see.

until next time.

2 comments:

Mike and Lynn Britt said...

Hi Lu,

I just realized that you had a blog to which I could link over when I'm reading Bekah's -- so, I did, and enjoyed reading your ponderings.
I got home from Chi-town Wed nite and spent yesterday reuperating and catching up on stuff. Chicago Market is WAY s-l-o-w-e-r than ATL, but I love riding all around the Windy City on the "L"
My newly updated Teaching Certificate came in the mail. Hooray! Blessings to you at Big Shanty.
Mr. Mike

amanda sue said...

that's awesome about the gone with the wind theme :) for rizzle.