Sunday, May 18, 2008

being a college graduate isn't all it's cracked up to be

well, i'm home. or am i? i mean, my house is still here, my brother is here, my parents are here, but it's going to take awhile for me to feel like this is home. home for the past four years hasn't really been a room, or a building, but it's been my friends. i think feeny said it best when he said that you don't have to be blood to be family. my berry family isn't across the kitchen, or across the hall anymore. i hate that about graduating. aside from that, however, graduation has been one of the milestones in my life that i won't ever forget. my brothers gave me $550 cash (that i still haven't put in the bank yet)...i want a mac SOOOO badly. but sadly enough, i'm no where close.

i called imran yesterday. i talked to him about possibly getting a job at a starbucks near my house. i don't really want to, but i think i need to now that my dad no longer has a job. and speaking of jobs, i need one of those too. everyday, i get on the cobb co. webiste and look for new postings. when i see one, i email the principal, but by the time they respond, the position has already been filled.

so, basically, if i didn't get to see devynn everyday my life would pretty much suck. so, i guess its a good thing that i have her in my life. :) hahaha. ok, so its really not all that bad. i'm glad scott is home, he kind of balances out the parentals. alrighty, well, this blog is long enough now, and i've definitely said too much.

so, until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you, dear friend. your berry family will always be there... call me anytime. and i'll be back on your side of the country soon!

praying for you- i know a job will come. and can i just remind you that you're going to be the best teacher EVER?! seriously, i mean that with all my heart. any school would be lucky to have you!

k-enough sappy stuff for now. oth season 2 when i get back!

love you!

amanda sue said...

i would just like to ditto trace :) she pretty much said it all. love you soooooooooooo much!